Sunday, April 4, 2010

My CROSS Collection: Easter Sunday


What's in my CROSS...

I started my CROSS Collection when I first captured "The Shroud Of The Missions", my 2009 fave cross photograph and was featured in my July 2009 blog. (Blog Archive for older posts can be accessed on the lower left of my blog main page).
http://www.thefearlesseye.com/2009/07/shroud-of-missions_12.html#comments


Then my "Sunset Cross", my fave cross this year. The position of the cross in this sunset photograph brings many thoughts of the meaning behind it. It's meditative and the clouds are so dramatic.




"Bird's Cross"
Some people are drawn to birds, some to palm tree, some to silhouette, and some to cross. If you can get all these 4 elements, you get the whole package in my "Bird's Cross".



"Simply Cross"
Cross is not always about a place of worship or a house of prayer. This is a cross from an old graveyard behind an old church. It's leaning but not attached on the wall. It's simplicity is a beauty.





"Mt. Soledad Memorial Cross"
A 29-foot cross dedicated on April 29, 1954 to honor Korean War veterans who have served our country and to educate the general public about service and the sacrifices that veterans make to preserve the freedoms we enjoy as Americans.




"Easter Cross"
Today is Easter Sunday. The date varies because it is determined using a calculated lunar calendar. It is the first Sunday approximately after the first full moon on or after the March equinox. Many Christians celebrate Jesus Christ's resurrection on Easter Sunday.


So, what's in my CROSS....CROSS is a big part of me. It's about my Faith and about the most important person in my life. Everytime I look up and look down on the CROSS, it reminds me not only about Christ but also my mom who died five years ago on Easter Sunday.

Have a meaningful Easter Sunday everyone!


The resurrection gives my life meaning and direction and the opportunity to start over no matter what my circumstances.
~Robert Flatt
[click on the image to enlarge]

3 comments:

  1. chu,

    your pictures are so emotional, especially this lenten season. it really impressed me since you were able to captured all these through your lense. i will be looking forward to more of your work, truly a piece of art and of yourself!

    ate nette

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Ate Nette, hope to see you soon (after 10 yrs?)...i try to live with my purpose here: to capture-to treasure-to share moments of pure beauty. God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is very interesting that I just read "A photographic image can be considered “excellent” if it has impact on the viewer, and if it can elicit an emotional response" in Judge's corner and then saw this theme based collection and blog right after. This collection I would think is your emotional response and very likely achieves our collective emotional response. The sunset cross pictorially is sooo beautiful.

    ~IS

    ReplyDelete

Let me read your mind. Please leave your comments.