Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Anything Goes: When I get to compete with the Masters

For the first time in the history of LVCC - March 26 Anything Goes "Fun" Night Competition

  • not rated (no outsider judge, instead we judge other photographer's work)
  • new rules: we compete with everybody, one cannot vote their own work and can only vote once on each category.

[In a regular meeting competition, we compete based on our level: Basic, Intermediate, Advanced, and the Masters; we have an invited "outsider" judge to critique our work and any winning images will be sent to Northern California Council Of Camera Clubs N4C.]

Exciting isn't it?...but what's the chance of winning if you get to compete with the Advanced and Master photographers?....Then I thought "If I carefully review and select the best images from my collection and let Creativity kicks in, I will have the chance to get some vote and never think about winning. Besides, it's a Fun Night!"

How did I do?....

Architecture: Milwaukee Art Museum
1st place: Marichu Pereira
total #images: 19


comments from the photographers:
1. Wow!
2. It will draw your eyes to the Museum.
3. Good light!
4. I like the detail and the shadow...
5. I never thought that you can submit in Monochrome.

my commentary: I'm never good in Monochrome but I decided to do and submit in Black&White. This is the Milwaukee Art Museum in Wisconsin last Spring 2009 which I recommend that you add it in your list. If it's not windy, the roof will open up and will look like a sailboat. Inside it's like a Star Trek space ship.


Post Card: Plumas County: Fall Season
total #images: 16
comments from the photographers:
1. I like the inclusion of the Highway sign.
2. I love the Yellow flowers sitting on the red foliage. And the right Depth Of Field effect.

Not a winner BUT a runner up - a tight competition with the winning image from the Master (our club's president). Missed by one point for a tie-breaker (I voted on his image).

Fashion: Blue Jersey Dress: Express Your True NATURE
total #images: 19
comments from the photographers:
1. Wow! did you go to Napa for the Mustard?
2. You can enter this also in Creative Competition

Not a winner but a runner up - I get to compete with the Master (my photographer)! At the end of the night he came to me and said "Marichu, I thought you're going to beat me again!




Other Pictorial: The Wicked Camper
Not a winner. I just threw it in there...simply for fun :D






To win and to become competitive with the Masters (rated or not) means alot to me...To get the majority vote of my fellow photographers has a big effect in my self-confidence ~ an assurance that I'm capable of producing winning and competitive images especially when I least expect it (Monochrome:Black&White).



If I create from the heart, nearly everything works; if from the head, almost nothing ~ Marc Chagal

[clcik on the images to enlarge]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me read your mind. Please leave your comments.