Wednesday, March 24, 2010

My 1st Model: Venus

Meet my 1st Model......



Modeling is an art and many models can express themselves like actors as they have to show feelings and emotions in front of the camera.





As I branched out from Outdoor/Landscape photography to Portrait, few months ago I signed up for Model Workshop organized by one of our top Master Photograher. It's a small pro-active group: the organizer, 3 male photographers, myself , and the model. We take turns and share images to see how one perspective differs from the rest and how lights (natural and studio) affect the model. One photographer quoted me "Marichu, you've captured the feminine side, the female perspective!"....That's the advantage of being a female photographer!



I was curious and excited having a real model in front of me. As I keenly observed the model - so beautiful, so sexy and so natural (no make up and hair style) with her "expressive" facial and body movements and oozing with sex appeal, I thought "This model is really an Artist!...She's gifted!...She's a real Model!....Then my attention shifted to my fellow photographers that ... we all have one thing in common, one passion. We don't take pictures, we capture the moments and make them into artistic images.























Available to you now..my very 1st model images. They are not perfect but I know I'll improve more as the time goes by....I am pleased to introduce to you my 1st "real" model. And I call her...



Venus ~ like the goddess.








"Oh! Languid goddess who sees the world from on high tempestuous Olympus, so presumptuous of your beauty...You skin has been threaded with gold and silver fibres.Your golden hair was wrought with innate refinement.You seduce every man with your slender silhouette, your enchantment increases..." ~ Goddess Venus poem by Silvina Castellano


[click the image to enlarge]

13 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing your images with me. I am so glad you were pleased with the results of the shoot, and I was happy to read about your background insight into it. Everything looks great.
    I really love the 60's one on the couch, I hope it does well in the competition!
    ~ Venus

    ReplyDelete
  2. WHOA!

    She is just gorgeous!

    OMG!

    Yasmeen

    ReplyDelete
  3. great work Marichu - everyone loves her, and you did a very good job capturing her - J

    ReplyDelete
  4. Splendid!!. The image exposed the angle of beauty captured in moment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You know how i feel... She is beautiful and you are simply great

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice portraits Chu.. :)
    Uma

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful...
    ~ Kim

    ReplyDelete
  8. very nice, marichu!
    Jim Z

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very artistically done. Good for you. - Clarice

    ReplyDelete
  10. The photos and your model were so awesome, Chu!
    I know, this one will add another feather in your hat. You're creating unbelievable images!
    Congrats my dear friend...looking forward to more of your great creations.

    God bless you even more!!!
    Yours,
    JING ♥

    ReplyDelete
  11. All: Namaste (I bow to all of you!)...

    Venus: thank you for sharing your talent and looking forward to work with you again.

    J: don't forget to include me in your next Model Workshop. A big thank you to you.

    ReplyDelete

Let me read your mind. Please leave your comments.