Monday, March 15, 2010

March Color Pictorial Winning Images

March 15, 2010
Livermore Valley Camera Club
Color Pictorial Competition

Big night. Busy night. Full-house... so many good entries for both PRINT and PROJECTED Images competition. Just got lucky. Yahoo!!!


1st place PRINT Intermediate
"Pismo Beach Sunset

judge commentary: Off center works best - not too much sky, I like the sunset, the details on the reflections and ripples on the center and a small portion of the pier. Very colorful. Very nice.

my commentary: This was my bday sunset. Waited for sunset for the perfect time and spot. Everytime I drive down to Santa Barbara County/L.A. via 101-South, I always stop in Pismo Beach not only for sunset but also to my favorite Pier Side Restaurant for the best Fish&Chips.




2nd place PROJECTED Basic
"Post Surf Awe", La Jolla CA

judge commentary: There are so many stories here: you don't know if he's going to surf, or watching/waiting for the wave or someone. It will make you think about him. The sky, the light and the wave are very meditative. Maybe this was taken during sunrise because of the clouds and light. I like the details of the wave on the left side and the soft-touch effect of the wave by the shore and on the rocks. Very nice.

* both images will be sent to Northern California Council of Camera Clubs (N4C) to compete with the other winning images.

[click the image to enlarge]

1 comment:

Let me read your mind. Please leave your comments.