Thursday, March 4, 2010

March Winning Travel Images

Livermore Valley Camera Club
March 1, 2010
Travel Projected Images, Basic


1st place: Manzanita Lake
Redding CA
judge comments: I like the reflections especially the bottom part where you see the clouds. I also like the inclusion of the twigs. Your eyes will draw to the guy fishing on the lake, where the image is very crisp.

my commentary: This was taken last year on Memorial weekend. We went to Burney Falls then decided to stop by at Lassen Volcano Nat'l Park since it's so close. This is one of the nine photos that will appear at Plumas County Visitor's Bureau website. They found my Fall color pictures and also picked some pictures of my Lassen trip including this one.

note: This will compete with the other winning entries in Northern California camera clubs.


4th place: China Basin
San Francisco CA
judge comments: Very nice. very crisp especially the water, all the boats and everything. I'm not sure about the sky as it is too tight, need extra sky. Since we don't allow cloning on Travel, the buoy can be cropped out below. But it's very nice, love the water and boat.


[click the images to enlarge]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me read your mind. Please leave your comments.