Sunday, October 4, 2009

Still Life: Glass Wine



A still life is a composition of lifeless objects - a great training in practicing composition and lighting techniques. It pictures the world of the contemporary human being.

I make pictures rather than takes them. Knowing that I have the "eye" coupled with my compositional skills, lighting is always a big challenge. In the end, I am capable of producing my Still Life photos. Every artists have a purpose in mind when they choose their still-life objects. I chose the GLASS WINE as I've got my wine-ism in place and enjoy the pleasure of drinking wine in the company of family and friends. Already well-known as heart healthy, wine in moderation might help you lose weight, reduce forgetfulness, boost your immunity, and help prevent bone loss - Cheers to that!


Sparkling (Prosecco ), Sherry , Rosé, white, red anyone?







"Wine is sunlight, held together by water." ~ Galileo Galilei


[click the image to enlarge, click play button to see the trailer of the movie Sideways and take a week-long road trip to the wine country of Santa Barbara.]

3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous work, Marichu!

    -Katy

    ReplyDelete
  2. yOU SEE THE BEAUTY OF EVERYTHING IN A DIFFERENT PERSPECTIVE! gOD BLESS U AND MORE POWER.
    ~Jing
    www.amazingbeautyforyou.multiply.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Marichu –

    Lovely photos & blog! ☺ I,too, am a fan of a nice glass of wine. I’m raising my glass to you and your passion for photography and creating such beautiful pictures!

    Have a great day,
    Audrey

    ReplyDelete

Let me read your mind. Please leave your comments.