Wednesday, October 21, 2009

FALL Colors: Plumas

We were not leaf-peeping. We rendezvoused to see the transformation of verdant hills into an autumnal furnace of yellows and reds ~ the leaves are really the only excuse to get out of the city for the day, drove 400 miles to the countryside on a potentially quixotic quest.


Fall Colors were caused by the breakdown of chlorophyll (which reveals the yellow beneath the green) and the release of anthocyanin (which makes red). Leaves, they said, were filled with several different pigments. The green pigment filled the leaves in Summer, but come Fall, that color drained - leaving behind brilliant reds, yellows and oranges.

Not known to many, the town of Quincy in Plumas County has the best California Fall foliage color. The long drive is a killer but as soon as you passed the long and winding mountain road, Quincy will surprise you. Its peaceful color is a sublime beauty!

Go out and catch a glimpse of natures splendor while Fall is still here. And let me take your eyes in the bursts of colors, enjoy the changing leaves and feel the crisp breeze of Autumn in my photo gallery...


"Delicious autumn! My very soul is wedded to it, and if I were a bird I would fly about the earth seeking the successive autumns."~ george eliot

[click the collage to enlarge, click the link to see my Plumas Fall Color pictures]

10 comments:

  1. Beautiful pictures….lovely town!
    ~ Audrey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for blogging about our beautiful town! Your pictures are amazing! The photo of the house with the fire bush out front is my friend Becky's house- pretty, isn't it? I live right downtown as well and this is my favorite time of year, except, for summer, spring and winter of course...;)

    Christie Brawley
    Plumas County Visitors Bureau

    ReplyDelete
  3. grabe! ang ganda!
    ~ Robin P.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, can I go with you on your next fall color trip?
    ~ Kim

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi chu,
    you keep on improving...your recent photos of "fall" are fascinating.
    You have found your true purpose..thus your true potential discovered.
    Your photos depicts your contentment and happiness...
    always in awe, your dear friend...
    eden

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Marichu,
    You really have a talent and an eye for beauty. You'll really go places. Keep it up.

    ~ Mylene Miranda

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi There! I was wondering if I could link your blog with your photos to our blog? Your photos are really outstanding!

    Thanks-
    Christie Brawley
    Web Marketing Manager
    Plumas County Visitors Bureau
    www.plumascounty.org
    (800) 326-2247
    (530) 283-6345

    ReplyDelete
  8. Marichu,
    Thank you for sharing this exquisite art photography. This is amazing. I never know that the little girl from Manila is an accomplished art photographer.
    ~ Humphrey.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Marichu,
    I'm the director of the Plumas County Visitors Bureau and I'm in the process of acquiring/updating our photo library. I saw your great photos of Plumas County fall foliage on your web site. I was wondering if you are able to share some of those with us (I have a list of five) for our photo library? And how we might compensate you?
    If you're interested, let me know, I'll be happy to share our photo use guidelines and let you know which images I'm interested in.
    Thanks,
    Suzi Brakken

    ReplyDelete

Let me read your mind. Please leave your comments.