Monday, July 20, 2009

Orange Dusk in Baja Coast: color or hue?


The image on the left is, so far my 2009 winning picture...still travelling and competing with the other winning pictures in Northern California camera clubs for Intermediate Print Pictorial category.

I stepped up by accident at the camera club on June 15 from Basic to Intermediate level competition. I hesitated at first because I did know I had a fear of failure BUT that fear compelled me to fight off anything that might support it. Then one member told me "It's OK, take the challenge! You shouldn't compete in Basic anyway since you produce such fantastic photos." So, I took the challenge of competing with 2 professional photographers and 1 photography instructor and got the 1st place.

Standing alone in a 100 ft drop, the colors of the sky and the sea changes from yellow to orange to pink to red orange to blue until it becomes pitch black. For 3 hours of non-stop sunset pictorial, I have witnessed and captured the phenomenon called Hue. To see it is a gift... during my birthday trip in Baja California Mexico.

The word color is the general term which applies to the whole subject - red, orange, yellow, green, blue, violet, black and white and all possible combinations thereof. Hue is the correct word to use to refer to just the pure spectrum colors.

I'm a self-taught photographer. Never took a class but attended some seminar/lectures that I didn't really learn anything. I certainly think training is important: self-training and to learn from a pro. The Orange Dusk in Baja Coast can never exist without the "eye" and "passion", not just by the camera+lens alone.


I would like to take this opportunity to thank my travel companions/my cousins Dollie&Jeff for showing me the beauty and light of Baja California Mexico ~ It is their 2nd home and the Orange Dusk is actually the view from their "El Muchacho" cabin.

“When I admire the wonder of a sunset or the beauty of the moon, my soul expands in worship of the Creator” ~ Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi
[click on the picture to enlarge, click the above title Orange Dusk in Baja Coast to see the colors of Erendira BC Mexico].

10 comments:

  1. Congrats Chu!!! Wishing you all the best with your talent that God showered upon you. Those eyes he gave you can really capture natural beauty he provided upon the world. Only in rare circumstances that a person like you can appreciate and see every single detail of them. Provided the technology he gave us, you can capture them effortlessly with such great talent!

    Again, congratulations!!!!


    With Love,
    Eirene

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great capture, Chu! You inspire me again...... Congratulations, excellent work!

    ~Wena Villegas-Nonato

    ReplyDelete
  3. congratulations Marichu!

    ~ Jim Z

    ReplyDelete
  4. thank you guys...supporters (FRIENDS) like you inspire me more to capture beauty and light.

    ☺ Marichu

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome, Marichu! You sure are a winner. Keep it going!

    Jillian

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations! I am so honored that you shared this beautiful gift with me! I hope some day you will see it in my house! Keep following your heart, you never know where it might take you. Hugs. Bz

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice ‘ Chu , that pic is one of my favorites. Do I have a copy? Don’t think so and I will need one.

    ~ Jeff

    ReplyDelete
  8. Chu,
    Congratulations...

    God Bless,
    Fr. Jhun

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Chu!
    How are you? I've been following your work via the internet and you never fail to impress me! This particular photo is amazing! I can't wait to see you again and next time I'll definitely buy me a copy of your prints.

    Take care!
    Hazel X

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations! galing!
    ~ Fred

    ReplyDelete

Let me read your mind. Please leave your comments.