Saturday, August 1, 2009

Reflections: double the beauty

Everyday we see our own mirror reflection. Looking into the clear water, you see your own reflection. ~ So often, we lock an image in our mind of who we are, never upgrading it as we change in the world. We upgrade our technology (cellphone, computer, etc.), and yet, we forget to upgrade our inner view of ourselves.
Reflections exercise an enduring fascination for photographers ~ but they are harder to photograph than to resist. But once you find the perfect spot, the perfect timing (in the absence of the Wind) and the perfect exposure (Light), you will feel like you are in photographer's Heaven.

Water Reflections is my fascination now ~ probably the most common type of reflection photography, but that doesn't mean that it's all just a cliché. Any reflections on water are a mainstay - the symmetry provides for "double the beauty".
My Reflections Collection:


"When will my reflection show who I am inside?" ~ Mulan lyrics
[Click on the image to enlarge. Click on the link provided for my Reflections pictures. Click on the above title to play Reflections song from the movie Mulan]

2 comments:

  1. Marichu,
    These are great shots! I like the reflections a lot. Keep up the good work.
    Judy Fong

    ReplyDelete
  2. unbelievable Chu....I talked about your award...to everyone...I am not sure if I sent to you my congratulations...I was so proud...it is amazing where you are in such a short a time. You yourself are very reflective!

    Lots of Love,
    Yasmeen

    ReplyDelete

Let me read your mind. Please leave your comments.