Tuesday, June 30, 2009

The Light In The Church Hallway: lucky charm

When I first joined the competition at the Livermore Valley Camera Club (LVCC) in October 2008, I wasn't sure what picture to enter. So, I did the "Eeny, meeny, miny, mo" from my 8x12 print in 10x14 mat collection...and wished that I will get at least a favorable review."

After seeing colorful and Photoshop-touched pictures in the club, I started to have doubts in my work. But there was John, the competition's manager and my favorite "real" professional photographer in the club, who had expressed his appreciation in my work from the very start.

.....Lights off, the judge approached the center stage, looked at the picture on display, carefully examined it and gave her comments.

Much to my surprise, the judge, a professional photographer from Sunnyvale California said:
"This picture has caught my eyes from the moment it was put on for display from where I was seated at the back. The light in the hallway coming from the window is true photography. True photography is all about light. It's perfectly framed, very detailed - the lines on the floor, the walls, and the plants. Very relaxing and meditative. I like it."

The Light In The Church Hallway picture was chosen 1st place for the Basic Print Pictorial that night and was sent out to compete with the other winning pictures from the other 20+ camera clubs in Northern California - became 2nd place for November 2008 competition at Northern California Councils of Camera Club (N4C). It will be competing for the N4C for 2009 annual competition.

Not only that I gained recognition and customers support from this image (as this was my 2008 bestseller), I also gained my self-confidence back. A friend from work (Nancy) once told me that The Light In the Church Hallway picture is my lucky charm...I think it really is!

[click the above title The Light In The Church Hallway to know Livermore Valley Camera Club (LVCC) and the NEWSLETTER Valley Zoom lists the monthly competition results, click on the image to enlarge].

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me read your mind. Please leave your comments.