Monday, June 29, 2009

Fabio: the fibroid

Five years ago, I had a nasty fibroid removed through Myomectomy surgery. It was a small muscle, for unknown reason, grew right beside my uterus. I, later on gave my fibroid a name Fabio [yup a guy's name].

Highlights of my Fibroid Crisis:

  • 5 months in pain (4 months pre-op, 1 month post-op).
  • Drank >10 bottles of water in one-sitting and not allowed to void until l have my ultrasound done.
  • hot flushes at age of 32 as side effect of my hormone "buttocks" shot (to shrink Fabio before surgery).
  • was in general anethesia.
  • spent 3 days in hospital dosed with Morphine and other pain relievers.
  • had the tiniest "bikini cut" which wearing my two-piece swimsuit didn't bother me at all.
  • it's my priviledged that the doctor who operated me is one of the top Reproductive Endocrinology Infertility surgeons in the country.
  • Fabio was as big as a baseball and there were other li'l ones found and removed during the surgery.

My friend Emma was with me during the surgery (thanks sis'!). When she was about to take this picture, she paused laughing at me and said "Chu of all the sick people here in this hospital, you're the only one who wants to have your picture taken and all-smiling!"...I replied to her "Despite of my pain, I am happy as it's my 1st US hospital experience, so can you please take my picture now for "documentation".

"Documentation" ~ is what photography means to me. To document LIFE and anything that catches my eye.

At present, Fibroid is back ~ let's call him "Fabio Jr." this time. It doesn't bother me right now and hoping he'll just shrink as the time goes by...

[click the above title Fabio The Fibroid to get to know him]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me read your mind. Please leave your comments.