Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Symphony: where music comes to life


"Inside Davies Symphony Hall" - 2nd place Travel Projected Pictorial Intermediate, LVCC June2010
































Fourteen years ago, onboard the 747 business trip searching for music that can wash away my stress....

For some, they think I'm old-fashioned because I listen to Classical Music. Yes, it is an old music but it 's makes me feel young at heart because it helps restore energy, uplift the mood, help the mind and body relax. Don't get me wrong, I go gaga over Lady Gaga's songs :D

After a long haitus, I decided to come back to see the Symphony performs.Budget and time-wise, I couldn't afford to go there as much as I want. So, I set two conditions on when to go: only if my favorite music or favorite artist is scheduled to perform. Last January, a birthday gift to myself, I went to see Yo Yo Ma (highlights: Ascending Bird) then last June 12, Grammy award-winner Michael Tilson Thomas (MTT) conducts SF Symphony Beethoven's Violin Concerto (my favorite Classical piece!).

Completed in September 1980, Louise M. Davies Symphony Hall is the permanent home of the San Francisco Symphony (SFS founded 1911). The San Francisco Symphony and Michael Tilson Thomas' recording of Mahler's Symphony No. 8 and Adagio from Symphony No. 10 won three Grammy® awards - Best Classical Album, Best Choral Performance, Best Engineered Classical Album.


Go on a journey into the unknown with forgotten composers and their music. The Symphony is a place to discover works by lesser-known composers, and, occasionally, lesser-known works by well-known composers. Because at the Symphony, music comes to LIFE.





San Francisco Symphony: http://www.sfsymphony.org/


"Music is the mediator between the spiritual and the sensual life." ~Ludwig van Beethoven




[click the image to enlarge]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me read your mind. Please leave your comments.