Friday, July 9, 2010

Travel Winning Images: July 9, 2010

TRAVEL Projected Basic: July 9, 2010
No judge commentary, as I missed the camera club. Here's my own commentary of my winning Travel images.



1st place: Daytona Beach
my commentary: This was last April 2010 when I attended a week of seminar in Daytona Beach Florida where I stayed at the Hilton oceanfront. That month, I was diagnosed with Vitamin D Deficiency, so the trip in Florida was a good timing so I can get my Vitamin D Sunshine in the Sunshine State. I was getting my suntan next to this group of women, when all of a sudden, one of them started feeding the birds. Taking from a low angle always gives a different perspective. Added bonus is freezing the flight of that gull getting ready to touchdown.


2nd place: Inside Davies Symphony Hall, San Francisco CA
my commentary: I'm into classical music, so Davies Symphony Hall is a favorite hang out if I want to hear my favorite piece and artists. A bonus point is the elegance of Davies Symphony Hall. This was last June when the whole SF Symphony performed on stage while waiting for the conductor Michael Tilson Thomas (MTT) to approach the stage. With the usher's permission, I got this last shot few seconds before they program started.
Slideshow of tonight's winning images. The 1st and 2nd images are mine:
[click the images to enlarge]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me read your mind. Please leave your comments.