Friday, August 13, 2010

Dreaming Of Love: a self-portrait



I used to have many dreams, now there is but one...Dreaming of Love ♥







"Dreaming Of Love (self-portrait)"
1st place Intermediate Pictorial
05/17/10 LivermoreValleyCamera Club





April 27, 2010 Day 5 of Clinical Virology Symposium Daytona Beach Florida. I decided to go back to my hotel room for my lunch break nap. I couldn't resist the beauty and light infront of me. I got up from my bed, set up my camera and tripod and moved all the furniture (sofa bed, coffee table and floor lamp) away from the window. Imagine the window without me, empty isn't it?... So, I grabbed my Victoria Secret nightie and changed to add sexy-ness to the silhouette that I was trying to create. The long stem red rose was a great tool to emphasize my theme Dreaming Of Love...Photography is not just a serious hobby or a passion or a self-expression. Sometimes I call it Work, and sometimes I need it just to relax and stay connected with my authentic self.






"In dreams and in love there are no impossibilities."
- Janos Arany
[click the images to enlarge, click the play button for I Dreamed A Dream of Les Miserables]

12 comments:

  1. Comments from my Facebook 05/17/2010:
    Renita:congratulations :)
    Rosahlee: congratulations!!
    Gracie: great job Chu...
    Charlie:Congratulations Master Chu
    Wena: Wooooohooooo! Paconian ata yan!!! =))
    Ruby: congrats chu!!
    Rechie: galing galing nman chu...congrats...sana kmi din d2 sa pinas iportrait pic mo din....
    Sam: congrats fellow photographer. Sino kayang FAFA ang inspirasyon mo dyan? Hehehehehe
    Agnes Eileen Zaguirre-Tan bravo, chu!!! congratulations!!!
    Sarah Jane Espineli Wow ibang level ka talaga girl....Congrats!
    Cherry Ramos congrats! galing mo naman!
    Jing Javier Chu, proud talaga kmi syo! Congratulations!!! More to come! Bravo!!! ;D
    Angie Alano Legaspi galeng galeng nman talaga!!!!
    Mary Grace B. Villacorta congratulations chu! i've been looking at your obras and im so much impressed! great talent, inggit ako, wala ako nyan e hehe!('',)
    Dechie DEchie Congrats,Chu..galing-galing mo talaga..
    Kathrina Vallado Rodriguez galing talaga....keep it up.....
    Gel Legaspi Idos Congrats Chu! And goodluck sa mg susunod pa.
    Eda Rellorosa Kudos Chu!!!! galing galing talaga :)
    Hiroko Tanaka YES! Nature, to landscapes, to events to people! You really have talent! Let your passion continue to reveal your gifts.
    Winnie Piñon Fabia o diba? ang galing talaga! congrats,love you!
    Rowena Marcelo Keil congrats Chu
    Estrella Leal Jimenez Congrats Chu!!!!! beauty na talented p..... Hmmmmm my inspiration b????? lol
    Suzette Corcuera-David congrats chu! this picture is really beautiful! iloveit! :o)
    Leena Reddy congrats Chu good job
    Annavi Bautista-Tamor Congrats! Keep it up girl!
    Gail Uy Congrats my friend. We are so proud of you

    ReplyDelete
  2. The God in me greets the God in you
    The Spirit in me meets the same Spirit in you"
    - your appreciation is my inspiration.

    Namaste...Maraming Salamat...Arigatou gozaimasu!
    May 22 at 1:59pm

    ReplyDelete
  3. HI Chu,
    I just got back and I'm going through my emails....wow, congrats!!
    -M
    May 26

    ReplyDelete
  4. My best congrats. It is so beautiful! I am very, very happy for you. Berta.
    May 23

    ReplyDelete
  5. Chu,

    Your picture touches my heart and it captures the essence of your title fully.

    Loved it.
    bernie
    May 22

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations! Wow! very impressive! Are u selling copies?
    Cheers.
    Imelda
    May 21

    ReplyDelete
  7. Marichu,
    What beautiful pictures. Thank you for sharing!
    In Love and Light,
    Teresa Shen, L.Ac, O.M.D.
    May 21

    ReplyDelete
  8. congratulations chu! musta na?
    Nilo Morga
    May 21

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations Marichu…it is a lovely self-portrait picture. Impressive..awesome. Hope
    You will win ..we will pray for your continued success.

    Love,
    Auntie Lita
    May 21

    ReplyDelete
  10. EXTRAORDINARY!
    Your creativity knows no bounds!
    Congratulations Marichu...still waiting for the update....

    Yasmeen
    May 21

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wah, Congrats!!!
    Very nice.
    ~Kim
    May 21

    ReplyDelete
  12. nice! congrats! di kana maabot... he he he
    ~Fred
    May 28

    ReplyDelete

Let me read your mind. Please leave your comments.