Saturday, May 8, 2010

Red Mums: for mom on Mother's Day


Every two weeks or so, I dress up my living room with a bouquet/pot of flowers.

In Feng-Shui, any living plant/flowers will emit Chi (the universal positive energy) into the room.

I purchased a pot of this blooming Red Mums (Chrysanthemum morifolium) during my 2008 grocery shopping as my Xmas flower and present for my mom (for her memorial altar in my living room).

One evening,while looking with admiration of it's vibrant red and yellow colors and the folded petals, I let my sense of Creativity kicks in: I cut one stem, used my iron to hold it and the ironing board as my stage, wrapped one night stand lamp with cheese cloth as my improvised studio lights and blackboard as my backdrop. First attempt was a failure. Second try was a success.


How far did the my above image Red Mums (Chrysanthemum morifolium) go?
4th place: Northern California Council Of Camera Clubs (N4C) Pictorial Basic Projected March2010

2nd place: Livermore Valley Camera Club (LVCC) Pictorial Projected Basic 02/19/10


My mom is a neverending song in my heart of comfort, happiness, and being. I may sometimes forget the words but I always remember the tune.

Happy Mother's Day to all the MOMS!





[click on the images to enlarge]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me read your mind. Please leave your comments.