Monday, January 18, 2010

1st 2 Winning Pictorial Images For 2010

January 18, 2010 LVCC Pictorial Competition.

1st place Projected Pictorial Basic: "Electric Bird's Pole: Behind The Fence", Erendira Mexico
judge comments: Very nice image and capture. I like the perspective of blurring the fence and focusing/sharpening the electric pole and birds. It's like it has digital effects on it. Well done.
my commentary: This is taken next door from my cousin's cabin in Erendira Mexico. Got up 4 in the morning for sunrise. I took couple of shots with different angle and perspective. I like this image.

1st place Print Pictorial Basic: "Hidden Beauty", Kenosha Wisconsin
judge comments: I like the composition, the reflections and the yellow colors from sunset and the blue colors from the sky. Very sharp as you can see the trees and branches and the reflections. Only one thing that I'll do is to crop both sides to draw your eyes to the center.
my commentary: This is taken at my friend's property in Kenosha Wisconsin last Spring but freezing. I was actually on the other side of the pond, walked around and wacking all the branches and twigs to get this image. I'm into reflections and I'll definitely take the judge advise to crop the image. Thank you.


“The sun illuminates only the eye of the man, but shines into the eye and the heart of the child” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

[click the images to enlarge]

3 comments:

  1. Love the behind the fence, the effects are dramatic and contrasting with the skyline ( birds vs geometric shapes) Would make a great large litho!! Tony

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy for you Chu! These are really awesome pictures!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Chu!! Grabe ang galing mo!! Tama talaga ang comments ng judges!! You really have eyes for this! keep it up! Stay pretty!!! Goodluck!

    Annavi :-D

    ReplyDelete

Let me read your mind. Please leave your comments.