Wednesday, June 24, 2009

About Me...

This is my 1st blog and hope l can keep up doing this. In 2008, l wrote my short-bio when l launched my 1st photography exhibit. It's about my self-discovery that led to a passion ~ photography. It does not contain anything about my life growing up in Manila, nor about the cheers and tears of migrating and living in the United States, nor about my family, and nor about the X-men in my life. So, here it is and hope "About Me..." and my future blog and pictures will inspire you and pick up the good things that l learned in LIFE.


About Me...

My purpose in life is to live, to love and to experience life in a way that is uniquely mine. I discovered my passion ~ photography, and soon realized it is a blessing from Above. This talent which allows me to recognize what it is to capture, to treasure, and to share moments of pure beauty for which there are no words. Photography has been in my blood since l was a child. Growing up, l used to borrow a camera from my cousin because our family could not afford one. Finally in 2001, l got my first real camera as a gift, went digital in 2006 and upgraded to DSLR in 2007.

I started taking landscape photography when l also started my other passion ~ Hiking allows me to discover hidden wonders that very few find. And now, I am extending that wonderful sense of discovery and excitement and turning my "photographer's eye" towards capturing people, by including Portrait and Wedding photography in my repertoire. I am thankful, thankful for God's gifts, I am thankful for the wonders of the world, and most of all l am thankful for my family and friends who support me.

In Yosemite National Park in February 2008, I had a life changing experience. I had planned to attend a photography class in the park focused on the magnificence of nature, akin to the techniques used by Ansel Adams. Instead, on the way, l barely escaped death in an automobile accident that dramatically changed everything. I thought deeply about what is truly important in life. No accident will stop me from returning to my favorite park and taking pictures. I have become more inspired and passionate about photography and the magic it allows me to "Express Myself".

To improve my skills and to advance my knowledge and experience in the wonderful world of photography, l have joined the Professional Photographers of America (PPA) and Livermore Valley Camera Club (LVCC). I also attend Nikon School every year. I continue to read everything I can about photography and take special joy in practicing and endlessly experimenting, seeking new angles to illustrate the wonders of life.

I do hope my pictures will intrigue you and express a small part of the beauty I see in our World.It is honorable to be an Artist ~ spreading beauty and light is as necessary as oxygen and food.


[click the above "About Me..." to view some of my pictures]

4 comments:

  1. Good for you baby cousin...blogging about your talent ~ you own it, there are no limits to the beauty that your "eye" captures through the lens of your camera! All my love and support always, Até Doll (and Kuya Jeff, too ~ of course)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahh, I want to hear about the X-men! very nice!
    Jim

    ReplyDelete
  3. very cool 'Chu
    ~ Clarice

    ReplyDelete
  4. l like your blog...
    ~ Saurabh

    ReplyDelete

Let me read your mind. Please leave your comments.