Friday, January 6, 2012

2012 Year Of The Dragon


It's a New Year and I am back! Despite of being inactive here, I never stop taking and creating pictures (actually more pictures). 2011 has been good to me despite of the economy. I have a job to pay my bills and my photo travels, good health to keep me going, and a special person who gives me inspiration.

It's 2012 and it's the Year Of The Dragon! To start my year and my blog, I want to introduce to you "Neva", the pet in St. Louis Missouri.

The Year of 2012 is the Year of the Dragon, which begins on January 23, 2012 and ends on February 9, 2013. The Dragon is the fifth sign of the Chinese Zodiac, which consists of 12 Animal signs. The Dragon is a creature of myth and legend. In ancient China, the celestial Dragon represents an emperor and power.

Today, it is the ultimate auspicious symbol signifying success and happiness. May the celestial Dragon bring great good luck to everyone.

"I imagined a dragon inside myself. We all have one, in one form or another. To me, this dragon is both the wild nature of ourselves and our conscience in his embodiment of the Old Code ethical behavior and morality. At the same time, he's our unconscious, the place from which our dreams arise. I just spoke my lines to the dragon within me." ~ Dennis Quaid on "Dragonheart"


[click the image to enlarge]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me read your mind. Please leave your comments.