Sunday, October 31, 2010

My Blair Witch Project: happy halloween



So I spend almost all the daylight hours in the forest. There is a chill in the air. The leaves are gone and what's left is the wooded forest and its Spirit.



Inspired by the movie Blair Witch Project, I took this shot from my tripod while taking a walk in a cold early Spring in Des Plaines Illinois. The Forest is the ideal setting and my hooded coat is the best wardrobe so I can create an image that will give you a li'l fright. But if you know me by heart, looking at my big round eyes will make you smile :-)


The Blair Witch Project is a 1999 American horror film; the narrative is presented as a documentary pieced together from amateur footage, filmed in real time. The film was produced by the Haxan Films production company. The film relates the story of three young student filmmakers (Heather Donahue, Joshua Leonard, and Michael C. Williams) who hike into the Black Hills near Burkittsville, Maryland to film a documentary about a local legend known as the Blair Witch, and subsequently go missing. The viewer is told that the three were never found, although their video and sound equipment (along with most of the footage they shot) was discovered a year later.


"It is not so much for its beauty that the forest makes a claim upon men's hearts, as for that subtle something, that quality of air that emanation from old trees, that so wonderfully changes and renews a weary spirit." ~ Robert Louis Stevenson
[click the image to enlarge]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me read your mind. Please leave your comments.